We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any identifying information we ask you to provide will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Mamalette may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, so please do check it from regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 1st 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your email address
- Your chosen username and password
- Demographic information, such as your location and your IP address and, should you choose to tell us, your date of birth, whether you are pregnant or not (and, if you are, when your due date is) and/or whether or not you have children and how many.
What we do with the information we gather
We do not, as a clear and overarching rule, pass on your information, unless you specifically consent to us doing so or we are specifically required to by law.
However, on rare occasions where there appears to be a clear need to safeguard the welfare of a Mamalette and/or his/her family, it may be necessary to contact relevant authorities about a clearly identifiable member and his/her posts on Mamalette.
We only use the information you give us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular:
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our services, and email you responses to community posts you have reported.
To periodically send you emails about parenting news, Mamalette news, competitions, discounts or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- To send you pregnancy-stage emails or child development emails, should you choose to receive them.
- To contact you, but only with your prior permission, by email or personal message, for market-research purposes.
- To offer you, on our website pages, information based on your location.
- Any personal data that you give us will be retained by us for as long as it's needed to perform its function. All data we hold is stored securely and only accessible by authorised members of Mamalette.
Links to other websites
Signing in via Facebook, what information do we collect?
If you choose to sign in via Facebook you grant us access to information held by those services. The information we have access to depends on the service and is explicitly stated when you first connect those services.
You may choose to sign in via Facebook. By doing so you grant us access to your email address, your profile and your friends list. We respect our users privacy so we choose never to ask for your Friends List and we will never use your Friends List. You may revoke access at any time via your Facebook account settings. We follow the guidelines set out by Facebook regarding data collection and use as laid out here.