Smart Tips On How To Minimize Common Pregnancy Discomforts When You Are Travelling
Travelling long distance and even across the countries by road, air, and train can be very demanding on a pregnant woman’s body that is already going through a lot already.
When you are travelling, it is hard to get healthy meals to follow your meal plan. You have a higher tendency to eat junk foods you come across on your trip.
Due to the changes you may be experiencing, bloating, gas, heartburn may worsen. Here are tips on how to minimize pregnancy discomfort while in motion
- Eat your food in bits not in big chunks
- When you eat, grind the food in your mouth do not just swallow.
- Wear free and comfortable clothes that do not hug your waist or tummy
- Do not take foods that may make you gassy e.g. Beans, Soft drinks etc.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, caffeine, chocolate, acidic foods like citrus fruits, tomatoes, and vinegar; processed meats; mint products; and spicy, highly seasoned, fried, or fatty foods.
- Space out meal times; do not eat dinner close to bedtime.
- Use pillows to prop yourself up while sleeping
- Carry antacid approved by your doctor along with you for the road.
- Drink a lot of water (Be moderate especially when you are taking a public transport)
- Snack on high-fibre foods like whole-grain bread, fresh or dried fruit
- At stopovers and even in transit you straighten out your leg to avoid fluid build up
- Because you are pregnant, you tend to be tired easily. You need to take it easy on your vacation plans
- Find time to rest and don’t wear yourself out
- Dinner should be light and less oily to avoid gastrointestinal troubles
- Spending time outside in the daylight will help to reset your biological clock to the new time zone.
- Keep evening meals light and non-greasy to help ward off the gastrointestinal discomforts that can keep you up at night.
- Have your bath before bed to help you settle into bed for the night.
- Lying on your side with a pillow between your knees is a comfortable sleeping position for pregnant women.