30 Thoughts Moms Have When They're Sick
When I was sick late last year, the first thought that came to my mind was "I can't be sick, I can't die now, my children need me" ask me what kind of sickness made me ban death like that? Random malaria! But do you blame me? The fear of every mom is not being there to take care of her kids so I'm sure you understand.
And here are other thoughts that run through the mind of a sick mom, if you have been sick while your children are running around at home, you'd understand;
- I'm not feeling myself, is death near?
- Oh God no!
- I've caught the flu from my kids
- I'd better get better before the kids wake up, what time is it now?
- I'll just take drugs and I'll be fine.
- Oops! Where's all the drug?
- Oh gawd! The kids are awake already, why did they wake up early today of all days?
- "Kids stop fighting!" Ouch! my head aches
- Don't jump on the bed! It's making my head hurt bad.
- Mummy is sick, mummy needs to sleep so don't make any noise
- No, we're not going anywhere today kids. Mommy's sick
- I need a maid
- I need a whole day of uninterrupted sleep. I wish!
- Why is everywhere so cold
- Why are they suddenly silent? (stands up to check on them)
- How did you manage to get to the dining table and stuff your face with chocolate?
- I'm going back to bed
- What are they up to again? Stop shouting!
- Okay, I'm taking you all to grandma's house, at least then I can sleep.
- All ready? Let's go. What! Why'd you go and poo yourself?
- Let's clean you up and get new clothes on you
- (half way out of the house) Where are your shoes? You can't find them?
- Let's go now
- (On the way to grandma's) I feel faint, I can't walk
- Kids let's rest a little
- I give up! Let's go back home
- (Sleeps off) Oh shoot! I fell asleep. Where are the kids?
- (In the bathroom, the toothpaste has been emptied, half in the toddler's mouth and the rest on the floor) God! !hat am I going to do with you?
- Oh! thank God you're home honey
- Now I can rest in "peace".
I don't know about you, but here are some of the thoughts that run through the mind of a sick mom, you're caught between wanting to take care of the kids and yourself too. If I were you, I'd get someone to come take them away then I'd take some sleeping pills.
Mamalette! What are the thoughts that run through your mind when you're sick? Share please