Eat Your Way To Weightloss With These Fruits
Everyone knows that losing weight is not a joke!
Finding time to exercise is even more challenging. Just before you give up on losing those love handles, why not try eating your way to weight loss. This involves eating fruits as your main diet.
Not just the type of fruits you eat but the quantity matters. The World Health Organisation recommends that at least five 80g servings of a variety of fruits and vegetables should be eaten daily to lower the risk of serious medical problems.
Here are some of the fruits that can help you lose weight;
- Avocado: This fruit is rich in Vitamin B, C, E, K and potassium. Avocadoes contain fewer calories compared to its weight and is filling when added to meals. It can be added to meals such as sandwiches, smoothies, salad, ice cream, shakes etc.
- Lemon: It is rich in vitamin B, C and riboflavin, phosphorus, and magnesium. Replace fizzy drinks and soda with drinking lemon water, lemon juice, and honey lemon tea. Drinking a combination of lemon and honey every morning helps to lose weight.
- Watermelon: 90% of Watermelon is water. It is rich in vitamin A, B, C and contains lycopene, which helps to prevent heart diseases and cancer. It also contains arginine, which helps lower blood pressure. When you eat watermelon, it satisfies your hunger and leaves no room for other meals.
- Orange: it is a healthy option for satisfying your craving for sweet things. It contains low calories and it dietary fibre helps to control weight. It is better to eat oranges instead of the store bought packed orange juice.
- Pineapple: This is rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals. It has low-calorie content in comparison to its size, so you get full faster and longer as you consume fewer calories. Fresh and whole pineapple is the best for weight loss, not the packed ones
- Guava: This is a delicious tropical fruit that is rich in vitamins, protein, minerals and roughages with a little quantity of carbohydrates and no cholesterol. Fresh guavas contains less sugar in comparison with apples, oranges and grapes.
- Grapefruit: It is rich in vitamin C, folic acid, and potassium. The grapefruits of the pink and red varieties are rich in vitamin A, lycopene, pectin.
- Apple: There are numerous benefits associated with eating apple. Eating apple regularly is associated with a reduction in risk of cancer, heart disease, asthma, and type II diabetes and weight loss.
- Banana: Banana helps to protect the body against muscle cramps and keep blood pressure low. It is a great fruit to snack on during workout and even on your daily routine. One banana contains 105 calories and three grams of dietary fibre, which makes it one of the best fruits for weight loss. One banana a day will do. Eating too many bananas will be counterproductive to your bid to lose weight.
- Tomato: Are you surprised? Yes, tomatoes are fruits! Not a vegetable. Tomatoes are known for their ability to prevent water retention, reduce inflammation and it is one of the best fruits for weight loss.
Although all these fruits are great for weight loss, they do not replace the importance of a balanced diet. Therefore, a good diet with lots of fruits, sleep and exercise will help you get your much desired trimmed body.
Do you know any fruit that helps with weight loss?