When you miss anything out when packing your diaper bag, it can make things most uncomfortable for you. Think about what you’d be needing and how long you would be out for, truth is, a well-stocked diaper bag can save the day.
- Diapers (one for each hour and extra)
- Wipes (a whole pack or ten)
- Hand sanitizer
- Changing pad. A hand towel should also be packed
- Polythene bag to pack dirty clothes, diapers, baby blankets
- Plastic or biodegradable bags
- Bottle(s) of formula or expressed breast milk if you're bottle-feeding
- Snacks (for older babies and toddlers)
- Sippy cup of milk, water, or juice (for toddlers)
- Blanket to cover your baby or to serve as shade
- Extra clothes for your child. You can never predict when a circumstances will necessitate the need for a change of cloth such as spit-up, drool, spills, or poop explosions.
- Pacifier (if your child uses one) or other comfort item
- Diaper rash cream
- Breast pads for nursing moms just in case your breast start leaking.
And don’t forget the things you’d be needing yourself such as your wallet, snacks, bottle of water, and an extra cloth in case of a spit-up or a spill.
Here are things to consider before buying a diaper bag;
- The bag should have different compartments so you can arrange all the baby things for easy access.
- Go for a bag with a colour that won’t get dirty quickly and which opens wide and has a light coloured interior so you can easily see inside when you want to pick something.
- Get a bag with zipper so that the content of the bag won’t spill out.
- So you don’t have to go through the stress of carrying two bags, get a diaper bag that has space for your own personal stuffs.
- Go for a quality diaper bag, it may cost more but that would save you the trouble of changing bags each time one spoils.
- Buy a bag with a fabric that’ll be easy to clean.
- Go for a bag with thermally lined pockets so you can keep your baby food warm.
- Keep in mind that this bag will be your best companion, buy one with comfortable straps and which you like.