Popularly called tigernut drink, aka kunun aya. Here's how to make it;
Tigernut, known as Aya in Hausa, Ofio in Yoruba, Aki Hausa in Igbo and Hausa’s groundnut in Pidgin is one of the most powerful ancient food sources known in humanity.
Ingredients: Tigernut, coconut, dates
If you are a fan of pepper and ginger, you can add it to yours.
Here is dow to prepare it:
- Wash and slice your coconut to pieces
- Wash the tiger nut to wash off the stones and other dirts off it (Scrubbing and changing of the water is required)
- Soak the tiger nut overnight
- Wash and soak your dates to soften it (you can buy soaked one to save you time)
- Remove the seed of the date
- Break and carve out the coconut flesh.
- Cut the coconut flesh into small pieces
- Grind tigernut, dates and coconut together with little water.
- Sieve the paste with a sieve with tiny holes
- Chill and drink.